Welcome to MyFamilyClub’s Bloggers Network! Thanks for signing up, here’s a quick ‘how to’ guide to help get you started on your blogging journey.
On the homepage you’ll find the most recent blog posts from lots of lovely MyFamilyClub Bloggers Network members. Want to join them? Here’s how:
How to write your first blog post
The top menu looks a bit like this…
1. To add a new blog click ‘add new blog post’ on the main menu toolbar.
3. Pop in the title of your blog, and write in the main blank space the text of your blogpost.
If you like, you can add things like headings, bullet points and website links into your blog post – just use the Tool Bar (underneath the ‘Add Media‘ button) to do this.
The Tool Bar is simple to use (it’s similar to using Microsoft Word). If you’re not sure what a button does, hover your mouse cursor over it, and it will tell you!
4. Is your blog on parenting, politics, food or something inbetween? Tick the best category to describe your blog post using the box on the right hand side.
5. Want to jazz up your blog post with some photos and images? You can add your own photos or pictures to go inside your post using the ‘Add Media’ button at the top left under the title.
The picture will be inserted where your mouse cursor is in the text box.
You can align your picture so it gets placed on the left, on the right, or in the centre. We recommend aligning pictures to the left or the right, so the text wraps nicely around them.
6. It’s always a good idea to add a ‘Feature Image’ that illustrates the theme of your blog. (This is the image that goes at the top of your blogpost, and will also appear next to your blog on the homepage).
Feature images should be 640×272 or bigger. Simply click ‘add feature image’ in the box in the bottom right-hand corner.
7. If you’ve not quite finished writing your blog, and want to save what you’ve written without publishing it online – simply click ‘save draft’ in the top right hand corner.
If you want to start over and delete your blogpost, click ‘move to trash.’
8. Once you’re happy with your blog post, click ‘submit for review’ in the top right hand corner. (You won’t be able to edit your post after it’s been submitted for review and published).
9. Once you’ve submitted your blog post for review, our team will normally get it live on the site within 1 working day.
10. If you’d like to delete your blog post once it’s been published, simply click the dashboard ‘MyFamilyClub Bloggers Network‘ in the black toolbar at the top left of your screen. Then click ‘posts‘. This will bring up a list of all the blogposts. Go to your blogpost, and then just click ‘Trash‘ underneath the title of your blog.
And that’s pretty much everything you need to know!